MAXIMUM PACKAGE: NEGOTIABLE
Render secretarial and administrative services to the Governance, Risk and Compliance business unit and subcommittees as per the MHSA and the PFMA and as may be reasonably requested by the Corporate Governance officer “CGO” from time to time. The core activities entail the planning, co-ordination and implementation of work priorities, schedules and procedures relating to the Committee, and ensuring that correct procedures are followed at all times.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Diploma in Office Administration/Secretarial
- 5 years experience working with senior management
- Bachelor’s degree an advantage
Key performance areas
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Send out notice of meetings in advance and maintain the annual meeting schedule of all MHSC Committees meetings to ensure there is no double booking of members.
- Communicate with the CGO and the Chairperson on the development of the agenda for the meeting.
- Assist in development of circulars and; upon receipt from the CGO, further compile meeting documentation for all scheduled meetings for distribution to members
- Ensure circulars for the meetings are correctly numbered and distributed 7 days before the meeting, wherever possible by electronic means.
- Ensure all logistical arrangements for the meeting, such as travel arrangements for committee members, catering and refreshments, and projector if needed are taken care of before the meeting.
- Where applicable, arrangements may extend to travel and accommodation co-ordination for committee members to attend MHSC related events such as workshops
- Take accurate minutes of the proceedings at all RCMC meetings or at other meetings as can be reasonably requested by the CGO and develop clear action items or matters arising for distribution to members within 5 working days after the meeting.
- Safe keeping of signed minutes both in hardcopy and electronic format.
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of events including workshops, subcommittees and/or Task Teams
- Provide administration support for ad-hoc committee meetings and to the CGO when requested
- Circulate reports and documentation to Committee members as and when required.
- Direct activities for stationary procurement for the unit
- Assist with claim submitted to the business unit
- Maintain an audit file which will include all item approved and need follow up.
- Follow up on department procurement requirements
- Schedule departmental meetings
- Maintain a register of all files received from the SCM unit
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Recruitment@mhsc.org.za Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797. Closing date: 27 November 2020
NB: No late applications will be accepted.