The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
Customer Liaison Officer
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for Customer Liaison Officer in the Supply Chain within Strategic Procurement unit (SPU). The incumbent will be responsible to assist in the delivery of critical service and to ensure that internal and external customers’ expectations are exceeded. S/he will manage all procurement queries (internal and external) with the intention of providing immediate response where possible, analyse procurement requests from business and assign these to responsible personnel within the agreed timelines. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Manage and track all queries (telephonic, email, walk-ins etc.) to ensure effective and prompt resolution of procurement queries;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and deliver personal service that exceeds expectations;
- Manage customer complaints and escalate issues to the correct levels for quick resolution;
- Provide accurate and complete records to SPU management of all queries logged and resolved;
- Assist with data collection for auditing purposes;
- Act as SPU HOTSEAT for procurement calls and resolve queries;
- Assign any other calls to procurement staff within agreed timeframes;
- Ensure all calls have journals, are followed up on a regular basis and that customers / clients are updated regularly;
- Ensure SPU staff are fully informed and act on all internal and external queries;
- Manage the procurement, tender and travel mailboxes and ensure all incoming mails are correctly categorised.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A post matric qualification in office management, supply chain management or related fields with at least three years’ relevant customer management and support experience in a supply chain management environment;
- Exposure to e-Procure system will be advantageous ;
- Excellent service and client orientation;
- Problem solving, time management and excellent communication skills;
- Office management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills;
- Ability to adapt time frames and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgement with highly-sensitive information;
- Ability to do work accurately and meticulously;
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to function independently and within a team.
Closing date: 25 November 2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitment02@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.