SENIOR ADMIN OFFICER: FINANCE, INVENTORY AND STORE SERVICES
- Reference Number : refs/007319
- Directorate : District Maintenance Hub
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 316 791.00 per annual (plus benefits).
- Enquiries : Mr. Vincent Selemela Tel: 060 983 2677
- National Diploma (NQF 6) /Degree (NQF 7) qualification in Supply Chain Management / Economics / Accounting as recognised by SAQA. A minimum of 2-3 Years’ experience in Finance, Inventory and Store Services.
- Attend to the appointment of contractors for emergency services. Receive appointment letters from Head Office with regards to maintenance services on a daily basis. Maintain and update normal maintenance/day-to-day and emergency services. Ensure proper control over contract administration. Ensure files are opened for all new maintenance and emergency services. Ensure safe keeping of original files. Prepare hand over of site letters to Inspectors. Assist Inspectorate in the development of specifications for required outsourced service providers in the delivery of goods and services. Liaise with end users, service providers and other government departments regarding SCM matters. Provide inputs to the Demand Plans. Provide weekly/monthly reporting on invoice registers, outstanding appointments and emergency registers. Prepare/allocate annual budget for client departments including DID by means of spreadsheets, listing all Continuations, Accruals, and Statutory, Condition Based and Routine services as per approved Project Implementation Plan (PIP). Update Programme 2 register. Allocate funds on Request for Funds/RLS 01 with regards to maintenance and emergency services. Issue detailed allocation form indicting allocation to the relevant institution. Capture inputs and changes to budget requirements and allocations. Verify payments with regards to attached supporting documents. Ensure that all payments are approved according to financial delegations. Prepare expenditure reports. Monitor and control the internal function. Maintain a register on all vehicles used by the District Maintenance Hub. Monitor daily, weekly, monthly usage of government vehicles. Conduct investigations on government vehicles. Arrange for services, repairs, damages and losses at Services stations. Provide monthly reporting on travelling figures and vehicle conditions. Monitor inventory and consumable stock levels and manage the quarterly stock take process. Perform disposal management of assets and expired/redundant stock. Perform transactions on the asset register. Mark and bar code equipment. Review quotes from suppliers. Ensure that requisitions are processed and that purchase orders and supplier invoices are issued and processed for payment. Sign performance agreements for the unit based on approved Job Descriptions, Strategic and Annual Performance Plans of the Department. Manage human resources in the unit and maintain discipline. Manage training and development of personnel according to agreed training interventions. Manage the provision of equipment required by personnel for achievement of outputs in their respective Job Descriptions. Provide regular verbal and written feedback [aligned to quarterly performance assessments] to personnel on performance. Mentor and coach personnel. Develop and update the service delivery and work plans. Provide sufficient guidance to personnel in terms of the service delivery plan, work plans, core business roles and priorities of the Department through quarterly personnel meetings. Plan & allocate work responsibilities and processes to control work performance including quality assurance.
- PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resource on 076 521 4118 / 072 668 0029. NB:. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Westhoven
Closing Date : 24-11-2020
|Do you have a National Diploma (NQF 6) /Degree (NQF 7) qualification in Supply Chain Management / Economics / Accounting as recognised by SAQA?|
|Do you have a minimum of 2-3 Years’ experience in Finance, Inventory and Store Services?|