- Reference Number : refs/006670
- Directorate : Maintenance
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 257 508.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. Thebe Kepadisa Tel: 060 983 2668
- National N-Diploma (NQF 6) in (Building, Mechanical or Electrical or Engineering) OR National Diploma from University of Technology (Building Science, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering). A Minimum of 1 -2 years’ working experience. A valid driver’s licence.
- COMPETENCIES: Knowledge National Building Standards Act of 1977, Regulations and Municipal Regulations. Promotion of Access to Information Act of 2000. Promotion of Administrative Justice Act of 2000. Government Immovable Asset Management Act of 2007. Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Knowledge Health Acts, Regulations and Guidelines pertaining to Infrastructure issues. Basic knowledge of Project Management. Knowledge of DID Inventory Management system. Basic Contract Management system. Knowledge of various engineering disciplines.
- SKILLS- Analytical. Research. Computer Literacy. Report Writing. Financial management. Customer relationship management. Attributes- Problem solver. Decisive. Customer-focused. Responsiveness. Adaptable. Team Player.
- Receive request/work orders from the client Department and DID for implementation through Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Allocate defects/work orders to appropriate Chief Artisan/Forman). Allocates work order or defect to appropriate Chief Artisan / Forman. Attend Planner’s maintenance Forums and meetings. Order appropriate material, tools of trade and personal protective equipment. Allocate work to inspectorate. Initiate through CMMS the request for professional services or CAPEX. Compile weekly reports on backlogs & non-performance. Compile monthly report on productive/unproductive hours for Artisans/Chief Artisans. Compile monthly report on material, tools and personal protective equipment. Operate the CMMS. Validate that CMMS is fully operation for the DID staff & Client. Report all defects to ICT. Train new employees and client representatives on how to use the CMMS and associated mobile technologies.
- These posts are a re-advertisement those who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply.
- Note: PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resources on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118.
- NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference.
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint.
- Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Chris Hani Baragwanath Facility Maintenance Hub
Closing Date : 24-11-2020
|Do you have a National N-Diploma (NQF 6) in (Building, Mechanical or Electrical or Engineering) OR National Diploma from University of Technology (Building Science, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)?|
|Do you have a Minimum of 1 -2 years’ working experience?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s licence?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.