- Contract Junior position
- Zonnebloem, Western Cape
- Up to R5,600 pm
- Job 2389446
- Posted 05 Nov 2020 by South African Heritage Resource Agency
About the Position
This call is made as part of implementing the national presidential employment stimulus programme for a period ending 31 March 2021. Successful candidates will assist SAHRA with the national audit survey of monuments, memorials, and statues project as mandated by the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture.
This position is a Fixed -Term Contract Position.
Please note that the Monthly Stipend is R5600 with no company benefits.
To provide professional processing, implementation and maintenance of HR Administration associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information for HR Unit planning and activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Implementing, Administration and maintenance of HR Unit workflow:
- Responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining human resource administration documents.
- Prepare, maintain and update employee data for the HR information system.
- Assist in maintenance, troubleshooting and design of HRIS and other human resources computer applications and systems.
- Process and maintain all HR reports of employee record data,
- Develop ad hoc reports.
- Co-ordinate the technical components within several projects and proactively monitors the technical strategies and directions for the existing application and tools.
- Database administration duties includes the management , maintenance and administration of all data and functions relating to:
- Performance Management Systems.
- Employee Benefits.
- Time and Attendance Administration.
- Recruitment and Selection Processes.
Time and Attendance Management:
- Compile and post employee time and attendance weekly reports.
- Review time sheets, and ESS information in order to detect and reconcile leave and payroll discrepancies in order to verify attendance.
- Communicate changes to the Attendance Management Policy and its related procedures to the entity.
- Provide timely advice and counsel to employees, supervisors and managers to ensure consistent application across the entity.
- Provide reports and statistics to managers related to accrued vacation and patterns of absenteeism.
- Liaise with employees, supervisors, and Line Managers about unpaid absence,
- Reconciliation of leave records from ESS and VIP.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Make decisions with regards to the recruitment process and liaise with Unit heads in that regard.
- Coordinate recruitment process including placements of advertisements, short listing and interviewing candidates.
- Provide assistance to the Skills Development Facilitator in relation to Onboarding, Orientation and Probation Processes.
- Responsible for Recruitment Report.
- Implement fully functioning Electronic Performance Management System.
- Roll out and capacitate Line Managers to control this process going forward for 2018/19.
- Confirmation of all KPA’s and KPI’s as contained in the job descriptions.
- The development and confirmation of current and new job descriptions and
- Meeting the deadlines set for all staff during the performance management cycle.
- The quality assurance of the previous and current performance management documentation.
HR Administration and Reporting:
- Responsible for providing all statistical data in order to compile HR Reports in coordination with the HR Manager.
- Working with people/customers/stakeholders/staff by applying Batho Pele Principles putting people/customers first.
- Establish good relationships with customers and staff. Relates well to people at all levels + builds wide and effective networks
- National Diploma in Human Resources or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 1 years’ work experience in Human Resources.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
LICENSES: A valid Code EB (08) driver’s license. Will be advantageous.
Computer Skill: Computer literacy regarding the use of the Time and Attendance System, VIP system as well as Excel, Proficient to Pivot Table Level. Word and Power Point.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Regularly required to sit.
- Often to talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note that SAHRA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. SAHRA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
- Time and Attendance Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
- HR Administration and Reporting