- Contract Junior position
- Zonnebloem, Western Cape
- Up to R5,600 pm
- Job 2389451
- Posted 05 Nov 2020 by South African Heritage Resource Agency
About the Position
This call is made as part of implementing the national presidential employment stimulus programme for a period ending 31 March 2021. Successful candidates will assist SAHRA with the national audit survey of monuments, memorials, and statues project as mandated by the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture.
This position is a Fixed -Term Contract Position.
Please note that the Monthly Stipend is R5600 with no company benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide administrative financial assistance in the expenditure accounting process/activities that include creditors, reconciliation, payment of suppliers, and systems implementation to ensure accurate and complete information of expenditure accounting and that the organization achieve its set objectives.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
KPA 1: Administration Support.
KPA 2: Ensure accurate accounting of accounts payables.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- To provide financial administrative support to the Financial Manager and the division.
- Organize and ensure availability of audit documentation.
- Ensures all correspondence produced and received is filled.
Ensure accurate accounting of accounts payables:
- Daily capturing of invoices, credit notes using the correct cost code on Accpacc.
- Daily allocation of payments against invoices, credit notes on Accpac.
- Preparation of payment requisition forms and monthly individual supplier’s creditor’s reconciliation.
- Prepare a monthly creditor’s reconciliation report by comparing age analysis with the trade creditors control account and follow up on differences.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding outstanding amounts, credits, account payments and attend to queries from various stakeholders.
- Ad hoc assignments as may be required.
- Maintenance of a proper filing system to ensure the safeguarding of documentation at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- NQF Level 5.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in Finance Management.
- Proven experience in AccPac and Microsoft Programme.
Other skills required:
- Financial management – receipted programs.
- Grants management.
- Spread sheet computing.
Ability to read and interpret technical procedures or financial information. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to management.
Ability to interpret numerical information and perform calculations which involve discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume by using figures and financial information.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
A valid Code EB (08) driver’s license.
Computer literacy with regard to the use of AccPac, Excel, Word and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally required to stand.
- Regularly required to sit.
- Often to talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note that SAHRA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. SAHRA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
- Finance Management
- accounts payables
Desired Qualification Accreditation