ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN STRUCTURAL/CIVIL GRADE A-C
- Reference Number : REFS/006555
- Directorate : Education and Health Branch
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 311 859.00 -R 473 574.00 per annum (Plus Benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. Kanukani Tshindane Tel: 072 668 0029 / 076 521 4118
- A National Diploma in Engineering or relevant qualification. A 3 years’ post qualification technical experience required. Must be registered as a Professional Engineering Technician with ECSA. Must have a valid driver’s license COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of Public Service Act of 1994. Knowledge Public Service Regulations, 2016.PFMA and Treasury Regulations. Provincial/Departmental SCM policies. Government Immovable Asset Management Act of 2007.National Building Standards Act of 1977 and Regulations. Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Health Act, Regulations and Guidelines. National Environmental Management Act of 1998.Engineering Profession Act of 2000. Engineering design and analysis Programme and project management. Computer-aided engineering applications. Knowledge of legal compliance. SKILLS- Project management, Technical design and analysis, Research and development, Computer-aided engineering applications, Technical report writing, Problem solving and analysis, Decision making, Customer focus and responsiveness, Communications kills.
- Assist Engineers, Technologists and associates in field, workshop and technical office activities. Promote safety in line with statutory and regulatory requirements. Evaluate existing technical manuals, standard drawings and procedures to incorporate new technology. Produce technical designs with specifications and submit for evaluation and approval by the relevant authority. Provide inputs into the budgeting process as required. Compile and submit reports as required. Provide and consolidate inputs to the technical/engineering operational plan. Develop, implement and maintain databases. Supervise and control technical and related personnel and assets. Keep up with new technologies and procedures. Research on engineering technology to improve expertise. Liaise with relevant bodies/councils on engineering-related matters.
- Note: PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resources on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Head Office (Johannesburg)
Closing Date : 06-11-2020
|Do you have National Diploma in Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant qualification?|
|Do you have minimum of 3 years’ post qualification technical experience?|
|Are you registered as a Professional Engineering Technician with ECSA?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.