Department of Health
Porter (Level 2)(Shift worker Day and Night) – 24 hour service
- Reference Number : refs/006843
- Directorate : SUB DISTRICT G
- Number of Posts : 14
- Package : R 102 534.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : MS Cebekhulu 011 213 9788
- Abet Training, Grade 10 or Standard 8. Ability to read and Write. Experience in hospital environment. Good physical health, good interpersonal relations. Good communication skills. Exposure to a hospital environment. Comply to all Health and Safety rules and always putting on provided uniform and safety clothing at all times. Always wearing your identity name tag when executing your official duties
- Load and off-load patients from ambulances and private vehicle on to the stretchers and wheelchairs. Accompany ambulant patients to Out Patients at the directive of Nursing personnel or supervisor. Transport corps to the Mortuary as and when requested so. Collect amputation and placentas to the Mortuary when there is need or requested so by seniors. Fetching patients from the ward to other clinical areas and to taxis outside the hospital. Clean stretchers and wheelchairs and prepare for re-use. Recording of patients’ movement from one point to another as directive from your supervisors and nursing personnel. Assisting Clinicians and Nursing in transportation of patients as requested so. Ensuring cleanliness of all stretchers and wheelchairs and timeous reporting of faulty equipments to your Principals. Always ensure that clean linen is separated from soiled linen to prevent cross infection. Fold soiled linen and place into laundry bags. Place clean linen on to stretchers. Perform any other Portering tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
- People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a Z83 form accompanied by a comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and certified copies of ID, qualifications and other documents attached. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons who are foreign nationals or who are in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation or endorsement certificate from the respective Council or body. Candidates will be subjected to security screening, reference, vetting and medical process.
- Applications received after closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications must be submitted to this email: JhbHealth.DistrictJobApplications@gauteng.gov.za, If you have not being consulted in three months or more after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The Department of Health (Gauteng) is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially in respect in respect of race, gender and disability. Applications must be submitted to: JhbHealth.DistrictJobApplications@gauteng.gov.za
Employer : Department of Health
Location : SUB DISTRICT G- (LENASIA CLINIC EXT 13 AND ENNERDALE EXT 8)
Closing Date : 06-11-2020
|Do you have good communication skills?|
|Do you have Abet Training, Grade 10 or Standard 8 and Ability to read and Write?|
|Do you have exposure to a hospital environment?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.