Department of Infrastructure Development
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER GRADE A-C
- Reference Number : REFS/006553
- Directorate : Education and Health Branch
- Number of Posts : 7
- Package : R 718 059. 00-R 1 090 458.00 per annum (All-inclusive Package)
- Enquiries : Ms. Kanukani Tshindane Tel: 072 668 0029 / 076 521 4118
- A National Diploma (Built Environment field) /with a minimum of 4 years and six months certified experience OR BTech /(Built Environment field) with a minimum of 4 years certified managerial experience OR Honours degree in any Built Environment field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Must be registered as a Professional Construction Project Manager with the SACPCMP. Must have a valid driver’s license COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of Construction Industry Development Board Act of 2000 and Regulations. SANS 10403, 10396, 2001, 1921, 1914, 294 and ISO 9000.Knowledge of Government Immovable Asset Management Act of 2007.Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Legislation, Regulations and Guidelines pertaining to Infrastructure matters. Project and Construction Project Management Profession Act, 2000. Council for Built Environment Act, 2000.Skills- Strategic capability and leadership, Problem solving and analysis, Decision making, Team leadership, Creativity, Financial management.
- Guide the project planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation in line with project management methodology. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities. Manage day to day operational aspects of a project and scope. Apply methodology and enforce project standards to minimise risk on projects. Report project progress to Chief Construction Project Manager. Manage project budget and resources. Provide inputs to other professionals with tender administration. Liaise and interact with service providers, client and management. Contribute to the human resources and related activities. Maintain the record management system and the architectural library. Utilise resources allocated effectively. Keep up with new technologies and procedures. Research/literature on new developments on project management methodologies. Liaise with relevant bodies/councils on project management.
- PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resources on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118.
- NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to email@example.com.
- It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Head Office (Johannesburg)
Closing Date : 06-11-2020
|Do you have National Diploma (Built Environment field) /with a minimum of 4 years and six months certified experience OR B Tech /(Built Environment field) with a minimum of 4 years certified managerial experience OR Honours degree in any Built Environment field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience?|
|Are you registered as a Professional Construction Project Manager with the SACPCMP?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.