Department of Infrastructure Development
QUANTITY SURVEYOUR PRODUCTION GRADE A-C
- Reference Number : REFS/006551
- Directorate : Education and Health Branch
- Number of Posts : 9
- Package : R 618 732.00- R939 621.00 per annum (All-inclusive Package)
- Enquiries : Ms. Kanukani Tshindane Tel: 072 668 0029 / 076 521 4118
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant qualification. A minimum of 3 years post qualification Quantity Surveyor experience required. A Compulsory registration with SACQSP as a Professional Quantity Surveyor A valid driver’s license. COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of Public Service Act of 1994. Knowledge Public Service Regulations, 2016.PFMA and Treasury Regulations, Provincial/Departmental SCM policies. Government Immovable Asset Management Act of 2007.National Building Standards Act of 1977 and Regulations. Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Health Act, Regulations and Guidelines-Skills- Decision making, Team leadership, Analytical, Creativity, Self-management, Financial management, Customer focus and responsiveness, Communication, Computer literacy, Conflict management, Problem solving, Research, Technical report writing, Networking.
- Coordinate professional teams on all aspects regarding quantity survey. Ensure adherence to quantity determination standards. Provide quantity survey advice and technical support in the evaluation of costs. Ensure the adoption of technical and quality strategies. Develop quantity surveying related policies, methods and practices. Provide solutions on non-compliance on quantity determination. Review the cost determinations of projects and estimates accomplished by building designers and/or sub professional personnel. Mentor, train and develop candidate quantity surveying and related technical and administrative personnel to promote skill/knowledge transfer and adherence to sound principles and code of practice. Supervise quantity survey work and processes. Administer performance management and development. Prepare and consolidate inputs for the facilitation of resource utilisation. Undertake continuous professional development according to council guidelines. Conduct research/literature studies on quantity survey to improve expertise. Liaise with relevant bodies/councils on quantity surveying related matters. Ensure adherence to regulations and procedures for procurement SCM and personnel human resource administration. Monitor and control expenditure. Report on expenditure and service delivery. Undertake continuous professional development according to council guidelines. Conduct research/literature studies on quantity survey to improve expertise. Liaise with relevant bodies/councils on quantity surveying related matters
- Note: PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resources on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to email@example.com.
- It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Head Office (Johannesburg)
Closing Date : 06-11-2020
|Do you have a Degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant qualification?|
|Do you have a minimum of 3 years post qualification Quantity Surveyor experience?|
|Do you have Compulsory registration with SACQSP as a Professional Quantity Surveyor?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.