Department of Community Safety
Social Worker Grade 2 (12 Months Contract)
- Reference Number : REFS/006772
- Directorate : Community Empowerment Centre
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R316 794.00.00 per annum plus 37% in lieu benefits
- Enquiries : Enquiries: Nelisiwe Kunene Tel: 011 689 3941/3845/ 3726
- Requirements: Matric plus a National Diploma (NQF Level 6) / Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 7) Social Work qualification, registered with the SACSSP. Proof of current registration with South African for Social Services. 2 – 5 years of working experience as a Social Worker, Knowledge of forensic assessment will be an advantage, no criminal record or any case pending against you. Valid code 8/10 driver’s license. Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of legislations related to Victim Empowerment Programme, ability to interact comfortably and effectively with people from different backgrounds, communication skills, planning, organising, ability to work with teams, report writing skills, problem solving capabilities, computer literacy, willing to work after hours when required.
- Duties: Casework and group work – counselling and therapeutic services to clients, keep records of all interventions receive and assess new cases, provide clients with short and long term therapy, network and refer to appropriate services keep contacts with clients for follow up; work under supervisors’ guidance and approval. Planning and community based outreach – initiate, participate and conduct community awareness projects; conduct community outreach programmes and awareness campaigns on Rape, Trauma and Domestic Violence. Networking and Referrals – Liaise with other professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrist, SAPS Government welfare agencies and the NGO’s involved in the criminal justice system. Establish a comprehensive resource list. Ensure smooth exit, reintegration to community and aftercare services for sheltered clients. Training – Keep up to date with new developments in the social work fields aimed at acquiring CPD points as per the SACSSP’s expectation
- The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. NOTE: Appointment is subject to the signing of a performance agreement contract. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a security clearance check. Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any public service department or from the website, which must be completed in full and signed. A copy of your cv, certified copies of your identity document, driver’s license and qualifications must be attached (the certification must be within six (6) months). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The specific reference number of the post must be quoted. Failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify applications from being processed. All applications must be done online at www.gautengonline.gov.za PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : Evaton
Closing Date : 27-10-2020
|Do you have Matric?|
|Do you have National Diploma (NQF Level 6) / Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 7) Social Work qualification, registered with the SACSSP. Proof of current registration with South African for Social Services?|
|Do you have 2 – 5 years of working experience as a Social Worker, Knowledge of forensic assessment will be an advantage, no criminal record or any case pending against you?|
|Do you have valid code 8/10 driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.