POST TITLE: HOUSEHOLD AID
Starting Notch: R 173 703 per annum (Salary Level 5)
Salary Range: R 173 703 to R 204612 per annum
Minimum requirement for appointment
Must be able to type, write and speak two official languages. Applicants must work for
WCED. Applicant must have a Matric certificate.
Computer skills or computer course.
Broad guidelines for duties
• Answering and making telephone calls on behalf of the principal, and referral of calls
• Receiving and sending faxes.
• Receiving and sending e-mails.
• Keeping a telephone register in respect of long distance and cellular phone calls.
• Maintaining the principal’s diary.
• Arranging engagements/ meetings.
• Gathering and processing information as requested by the principal and offices of the
• Maintaining a filing system for records of correspondence, manuals, expenditure,
• Typing of examination papers.
• Acting as secretary in forums and meetings.
• Controlling diverse documentation for completion and checking for accuracy.
• Procurement of goods.
• Making logistical arrangements for meetings/events, etc.
• Issuing stationery to educators.
• Assisting with school functions and activities.
• Assisting with fund-raising initiatives at the school.
• Arranging for repairs to equipment etc.
• Assisting with arrangements for sport meetings and for the preparation of meals for
officials and educators.
• Controlling the Inventory
• Handling all learners’ administration.
• Assisting with the placement of adverts for vacant posts.
• Requesting Unemployment cards for employees.
• Keeping leave register for staff in employ of governing body.
Closing date: 23 October 2020