NB: PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING: ENTRY LEVEL POSTS
Vacancy Bulletin 2/2020 contains adverts for the post of Administration Clerk, General
Assistants and House Hold Aid, Braille Writer, Farm Aid, Tractor Driver, PROF NURSE GEN.
Only applicants employed by the WCED on 1 o 2020 will be considered.
Applicants must complete an application form (Z 83) that must be duly completed with all
the required information as requested on the form. The application form Z 83 must originally
be signed and dated by the applicant to ensure that the application is a legitimate
application. The application form Z 83 is obtainable from the website of the WCED at
http://www.wced.pgwc.gov.za or from any Public Service Department.
The post number and/or name of the post applied for must be indicated on your
Applicants must submit a detailed up to date CV with an exposition of their training,
experience, competencies and previous employment record as well as the names and
telephone numbers of three persons willing to act as referees.
Certified copies of ID document to be submitted with application forms.
Non-RSA citizens/Permanent resident permit holders must submit a copy of his/her
Permanent Resident Permit to his/her application.
Please note that a separate application must be submitted if you apply for more than one
Kindly note that the supporting documents will not be returned.
Applications without a completed application form (Z83) and/or the requested
documents/information will not be considered.
POST TITLE: ADMIN CLERK
Starting Notch: R 173 703 per annum (Salary Level 5)
Salary Range: R 173 703 to R 204612 per annum
Minimum requirement for appointment
Must be able to type, write and speak two official languages. Applicants must work for
WCED. Applicant must have a Matric certificate.
Computer skills or computer course.
Broad guidelines for duties
• Answering and making telephone calls on behalf of the principal, and referral of calls
• Receiving and sending faxes.
• Receiving and sending e-mails.
• Keeping a telephone register in respect of long distance and cellular phone calls.
• Maintaining the principal’s diary.
• Arranging engagements/ meetings.
• Gathering and processing information as requested by the principal and offices of the
• Maintaining a filing system for records of correspondence, manuals, expenditure,
• Typing of examination papers.
• Acting as secretary in forums and meetings.
• Controlling diverse documentation for completion and checking for accuracy.
• Procurement of goods.
• Making logistical arrangements for meetings/events, etc.
• Issuing stationery to educators.
• Assisting with school functions and activities.
• Assisting with fund-raising initiatives at the school.
• Arranging for repairs to equipment etc.
• Assisting with arrangements for sport meetings and for the preparation of meals for
officials and educators.
• Controlling the Inventory
• Handling all learners’ administration.
• Assisting with the placement of adverts for vacant posts.
• Requesting Unemployment cards for employees.
• Keeping leave register for staff in employ of governing body.
Please forward your application(s) to:
WESTERN CAPE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION CENTRE
PRIVATE BAG X 9114
OR HAND DELIVER TO;
POST BOX MARKED: RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION CENTRE (IBPS WILL BE PLACED ON 1st
FLOOR) GOLDEN ACRE BUILDING
Under no circumstances must applications be handed to employees of the WCED or any
other person to hand in applications at the Recruitment and Selection Centre Office.
Postal applications should also not be marked for the attention of the person who has been
identified to deal with the enquiries of applicants. Late applications that are received as a
result of ignoring this rule will not be considered.
Important note: Unidentified, late, e-mail, and/or fax applications will not be considered.
- CLOSING DATE
Closing date for applications: Friday, 23 October 2020 by 16:00. Applications will not be
accepted after the closing time and date. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to
ensure that their application(s) reach the WCED by the closing date and time.
The WCED cannot be held responsible for postal delays.