POST TITLE: ADMIN CLERK
Starting Notch: R 173 703 per annum (Salary Level 5)
Salary Range: R 173 703 to R 204612 per annum
Minimum requirement for appointment
Must be able to type, write and speak two official languages. Applicants must work for
WCED. Applicant must have a Matric certificate.
Computer skills or computer course.
Broad guidelines for duties
• Answering and making telephone calls on behalf of the principal, and referral of calls
• Receiving and sending faxes.
• Receiving and sending e-mails.
• Keeping a telephone register in respect of long distance and cellular phone calls.
• Maintaining the principal’s diary.
• Arranging engagements/ meetings.
• Gathering and processing information as requested by the principal and offices of the
• Maintaining a filing system for records of correspondence, manuals, expenditure,
• Typing of examination papers.
• Acting as secretary in forums and meetings.
• Controlling diverse documentation for completion and checking for accuracy.
• Procurement of goods.
• Making logistical arrangements for meetings/events, etc.
• Issuing stationery to educators.
• Assisting with school functions and activities.
• Assisting with fund-raising initiatives at the school.
• Arranging for repairs to equipment etc.
• Assisting with arrangements for sport meetings and for the preparation of meals for
officials and educators.
• Controlling the Inventory
• Handling all learners’ administration.
• Assisting with the placement of adverts for vacant posts.
• Requesting Unemployment cards for employees.
• Keeping leave register for staff in employ of governing body.
Please forward your application(s) to:
WESTERN CAPE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION CENTRE
PRIVATE BAG X 9114
OR HAND DELIVER TO;
POST BOX MARKED: RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION CENTRE (IBPS WILL BE PLACED ON 1st
FLOOR) GOLDEN ACRE BUILDING
Closing date for applications: Friday, 23 October 2020 by 16:00. Applications will not be
accepted after the closing time and date. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to
ensure that their application(s) reach the WCED by the closing date and time.
The WCED cannot be held responsible for postal delays.