Enquiries: Mrs NC Mkhize Date: 6 October 2020
TO: ALL HEADS OF INSTITUTIONS AND DEPARTMENTS
The content of this circular minute must be brought to the attention of all eligible personnel and employees in
your establishment without delay. Institutions must notify all candidates who qualify for the posts in this
circular minute even if they are absent from their normal places of work.
DIRECTION TO CANDIDATES
- The following documents must be submitted:
Application for employment Z83 which is obtainable at any Government Department or from website
www.kznhealth.gov.za. Z83 should be completed in full and signed.
Certified copies of highest educational qualifications, ID document and Driver’s license- not copies of
Certification of all documents must not be older than 3 months.
- The reference number of the post must be indicated in the column provided in the Z83, e.g. OCC08/2006
NB: Failure to comply with the above instructions will disqualify applicants
- This department is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer whose aim is to promote
representativity in all occupational categories in the Department. People with disabilities are encouraged
- The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the State Security Agency (SSA) to the
Qualifications, CIPC checks and
Previous employment experience
- Please note that due to the large number of applications received, applicants will not be acknowledged.
However should you not receive any response after four weeks from the closing date of this advert; consider
your application as being unsuccessful.
- Please note that due to financial constraints, no S&T payments will be considered to candidates
that are invited for the interview.
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO:
The District Director
Ugu Health District Office
Private Bag X735
(For attention: Human Resource Department)
POST : EMERGENCY CARE OFFICER: GRADE 3
CENTRE : EMS UGU DISTRICT – VARIOUS BASES
REFERENCE NO : EMS UGU 02/2020
NO. OF POSTS : 15
REMUNERATION : R 169,176.00
OTHER BENEFITS : 13th Cheque
: Medical Aid (optional)
: Housing allowance
(provided the incumbent meets the prescribed requirements)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST:
- Grade 12 Certificate with science subject/s
- Intermediate Life Support Certificate (AEA)
- Registration with the health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Ambulance
- Proof of current registration with the HPCSA (Valid card will be accepted, deposit slip will not
- Unendorsed drivers licence (C1) with professional driving permit (receipt of renewal not
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
The incumbents of these posts will report to the EMS Shift Leader: Emergency Medical Services,
and will be responsible to provide pre-hospital treatment within the scope of Intermediate Life
support and transport patients to an appropriate health facility in order to minimize the loss of lives.
The ideal candidates must:-
- Possess knowledge of Intermediate Life Support Protocols.
- Have understanding of EMS and its line of business.
- Possess knowledge of basic Medical Rescue.
- Possess knowledge of Rules and Regulations of Road Traffic Ordinance.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Have Practical Patient Management skills.
- Have the ability to implement emergency procedures.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to operate in any EMS environment i.e Emergency Ambulances, Obstetrics
ambulance, inter-facility; Ambulances, communication centres, Rescue or Patient Transport
Services as per the allocation or deployment by the management of EMS.
- Be flexible to be deployed to any shift as per the service delivery needs.
- Be available for disaster relief emergency deployments nationally and /or internationally.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Treat, stabilize and transport patients according to the scope of practice of the intermediate Life
Support as per the HPCSA Protocols.
- Respond to all calls as dispatched by the Communication center or requested by other medical
professionals to assist with intermediate Life Support of treatment.
- Maintain best clinical practices in accordance with quality standards and maintaining
Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Maintain vehicle and medical equipment check the allocated vehicle and equipment and
complete the check list, report all losses, damages discrepancies, deficiencies to the Shift
- Wash, Clean and disinfect the interior/exterior of the emergency vehicles and maintain the
vehicle in a clean condition and good working order at all times.
- Change and replenish surgical sundries and medical-gases and ensure that all items are used
before expiry date.
- Assistant in maintaining a clean and tidy base.
KINDLY RETURN ALL DOCUMENTATION WHEN REPLYING
- Use all government property i.e. medical equipment, other equipment, Vehicle and building as
per government policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit all appropriate paperwork to the shift leader before the termination of the
shift or as required.
- Hand over the vehicle and equipment to the next shift/relevant authority fully replenished, clean
and in good working order.
- Abide by the Standing Operational Procedures of EMS.
- Maintain accurate and reliable records at all times.
- Perform overtime duties in accordance with EMS Policy.
- Actively participate in training and quality assurance programs
NB: Shortlisted candidates will be subject to physical fitness assessment and driving
evaluation by Department of Transport: Road Traffic Inspectorate.
ENQUIRIES: Mr S.P. Gumede Telephone no: 039 – 688 3619
CLOSING DATE: 30 October 2020