Administrative Clerk: Environmental Management X2
Salary: R 173 703.00
Salary Level: 5
District: Head Office (PMB)
Reference no: Env 02/2020
Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum of Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification
Competencies required: Basic knowledge of Environmental Management duties and practices, Batho Pele principles,
Public Service prescript, Computer literacy. Skills: Organisational Skills, Financial Management skills, Time
management, Communication skills. Personal attributes: Innovative thinking, Independent, time frame driven
Key responsibilities include:
▪ Render general clerical support services
▪ Provide supply chain clerical support services within the component
▪ Provide personnel administration clerical support services within the component
▪ Provide financial administration support services in the component.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs S Nowele
TEL NO: 033 2642528
NOTES TO CANDIDATES
- The Department of Economic Development and Tourism is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender and disability) in the Department
through the filling of these posts. The candidature of persons whose appointment will promote
representativity will receive preference.
- Location: PIETERMARITZBURG (Not unless otherwise specified for the post)
- All information submitted will be treated as confidential. The Department reserves the right to withhold the filling of
the abovementioned post at anytime prior to an appointment being made.
- All applications must be submitted on the prescribed Application for Employment form (Z83) obtainable from any
Public Service department which must be originally signed and dated. The application form must be accompanied
by certified copies of qualifications (not copies of previously certified copies), Identity Document, and a
comprehensive CV. Should an applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification it must be accompanied by an
evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the NIA to the following checks (security
clearance, qualification, citizenship and previous experience employment verifications).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw
this advertisement; Applications may only be posted to: Department of Economic Development, Tourism and
Environmental Affairs, Private Bag 9152, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200 for the attention of Ms Sindi Mazibuko
- Candidates are encouraged not to send their applications through registered mail, as the Department will not take
responsibility for non-collection of those applications.
- Interested persons may contact the above relevant person next to the posts for further information.
- Due to the anticipation of the volume of applications we will receive in response to this advertisement,
correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not hear from us within three months of
the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applicants are informed
that applications, copies of qualification and CV’s will not be returned.
- NB: Fax, e-mail, incomplete and late applications will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the candidates to
ensure that their applications reach the Department timeously.
- Kindly notes that these adverts are only open to people residing in KwaZulu-Natal.
- CLOSING DATE: 23 OCTOBER 2020