The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organization requires the services of qualified individual for the following position; the position will be based in Head Office:-
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
DEVELOPER: MOBILE APPLICATIONS: T.A.S.K GRADE 14
LOCATION: CenturionCLOSING DATE & TIME: 11/8/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Manager: Mobile Application, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of Mobile Applications in line with RAF user requirements as per standards, processes and technologies.
Key Performance Areas
Develop Mobile Application Systems in line with business requirements
- Design the system in accordance with architectural standards.
- Develop programs according to the RAF standards and requirements daily.
- Document software programs and assist in compilation of training manuals.
- Facilitate software testing and quality assurance activities.
- Fix the bugs/ defects as reported by the testing process.
Develop/ configure integration between applications components or solve identified business problems
- Develop/ configure the interfaces as described in the development activities category.
- Keep abreast with software trends.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to application support for various level.
- Mentor the team members to ensure knowledge sharing or transfer takes place.
- Report any roadblocks to the application development.
- Prepare status report/s on the progress of development of module/s.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma @ NQF Level 7 related qualification in Information Technology.
- Java Certification is an added advantage.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer is an added advantage.
- ITIL Certification is an added advantage.
- Relevant 5 – 7 years’ experience in a related work environment with specific experience in the Software Development environment of which 2 years is in development of Web services development using SOAP and REST and in development of native mobile applications for either Apple IOS or Android devices.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Results orientation.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Communication skills.
- Team orientation.
- Network and alliance.
- Talent management.
- Change management.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Xamarin Studio is added advantage.
- Knowledge of SDLC.
- Thorough understanding of Client Server and Object Oriented environments.
- Experience in writing Application Integration Programs.
- Knowledge on HTML, XML and RDBMS.
- Experience in use of the following mobile development platforms: Visual Studio, Android Studio and Xcode.
- Experience in mobile applications user interface designs.
- Experience in mobile applications user experience design is an added advantage.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R668 907.00per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 11 August 2020
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades;email address isZama.Recruitment@raf.co.za OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line.
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date.
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages.
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
- Security Vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.