OFFICE:CAPE TOWN OFFICE (WESTERN REGION)
REPORTING TO: PRINCIPAL OFFICER
Responsible for co-ordinating daily clerical operations of the office, including all administrative support services, facilities, reception, and all other office related administrative activities. To assist the Management Team in achieving the port office objectives.
Key performance areas include:
- Administrative Management
- Ensure and monitor clerical, administrative and reception responsibilities.
- Ensure that all applications and services requested are timely booked, processed and confirmed.
- Ensure an effective filing system is being maintained for proper document and record control.
- Ensure that all daily documentation efficiently recorded and filed.
- Ensure services correctly invoiced and receipted.
- Assist and coordinate in the preparation of meetings, conference calls, travel and workshops on behalf of port management.
- Ensure that the office workspace is maintained and cleaned according to a high standard and coordinate maintenance activities.
- Assist in the management of the port budget, finance and procurement requirements.
- Coordinate and consolidate all documentation to ensure preparedness to receive the Auditor General Annually.
- Coordinate and assist with proper close out of any Administrative findings to prevent findings and repeat findings and enable continuous improvement of Administrative processes.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagements
- Coordinate and assist with client queries and escalate as required to ensure effective customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the coordination and planning of Stakeholder Engagement functions in order to promote the objectives of SAMSA.
- People management
- Supervise a diverse team of clerical and administrative support services by ensuring the effective distribution of workload.
- Assess administrative staff performance and provide training, coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Align the performance management of the administration team and monitor the performance against the port office objectives.
- Identify recruiting and retention needs of administrative staff to maintain port office efficiency.
- Ensure administrative staff grievances and disciplinary challenges are timely dealt with to ensure an optimal working environment and promote employee wellbeing.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Grade 12
- Higher Diploma NQF Level 5 qualification in Secretarial/Office Administration or equivalent is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in office administration is essential
- Experience in basic accounting software is desirable
Should you meet the requirements set out above, please e-mail your CV to Masiye Pilusa email@example.com
Closing date: 09 September 2020
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to members of the designated groups to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all short – listed candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.