This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : email@example.com
The closing date is on 01.09.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title : Diesel Mechanic
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Engineering
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : Technical Supervisor
Grade Level : I2
Reference Number : 20200771
Provide mechanical services to all cargo handling equipment by repairing, maintaining and improving its functionality to
ensure that they are safe, reliable and available to operations to eliminate operations downtime.
• Examine, assess and conduct regular preventative maintenance on all cargo handling equipment to ensure its reliability and
maintain a high level of availability.
• Examine, evaluate, monitor and report equipment for abuse and functionality whilst in operation to detect and identify early
warning signals of potential damage in order to rectify problem and change behaviour before a major breakdown.
• Plan and prepare apprentices for on the job training in order to train and develop them according to their development plan
thereby ensuring skills are adequately transferred.
• Respond, establish and repair fault for breakdown in the quickest possible time to minimize operation downtime.
• Assess and ascertain size of repair work and spares specifications required in order to inform and follow-up with Supervisor
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
for ordering of parts to plan for repair in shortest timeframe thereby making equipment available for operations.
Qualifications & Experience:
Relevant Trade tested
Valid driver’s license
5 years in working environment
Fault finding skills
Operate cargo handling equipment