This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : Joshna.Nathoo@transnet.net
The closing date is on 18.08.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Durban CAR
Position Title : Finance Controlling Admin
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Finance
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Revenue Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 20200695
Management of Revenue and Billing in accordance with the financial and IFRS policies and procedures and ensure validity,
accuracy and completeness of revenue in line with GAAP.
• Managing the revenue department by supervising and training staff.
• To update and maintain monthly schedules for vessels to ensure all services provided are timeously and accurately
• Auditing of the vessels files to ensure the completeness of revenue at the Terminal and that the customer receives an
• Monitoring of customers queries to minimize and prevent invoicing errors in order to meet their expectations.
• Liaise with customers to ensure that their invoicing needs are met.
• Investigation and computation of refunds
• Printing and checking invoices for variances before dispatched to clients to ensure all charges have been correctly
debited to client account.
• Monitor billing due list to ensure that orders are being invoiced timeously.
• Run status reports on all vessel and documents passed and accepted at the counter to ensure that all revenue has
been accounted and to address old un-invoiced documents with relevant departments.
• Updating and maintaining the base tariffs on the invoicing system to ensure that the correct charges are invoiced.
• Calculations of accruals and provisions of un-invoiced services or refunds that have not been credited to ensure that
the correct revenue is accounted for the accounting period.
• Investigation and analysis of all queries logged by various internal/ external departments, to establish corrective
measures, to satisfy client’s queries.
• Analyse claims and generate monthly statistics regarding logged/resolved/pending queries to facilitate month end
provision to be raised in general ledger.
• Maintain and update all new vessels on Vessel Master Data
• Ensure all revenue is recovered from S.A.R.S for uncleared vehicles sent to state warehouse that is auctioned
• Ensure all miscellaneous services are invoiced
• Revenue protection for the Terminal
• Produce complete, accurate and timeous reports to management.
• Ensure compliance with finance related contracted as documented in the Minimum Controls Framework (CFRC).
• Compile weekly cash forecast in terms of incoming and outgoing payments to group and items regarding the variance.
• Authorising and posting of journals including inter company.
• Raising of provisions, accruals and pre-payments in accordance with IFRS.
• Follow up on outstanding claims with correspondence to maintain credit management.
• Allocation of credit notes to clients to settle discrepancies with accounts.
• Oversee month-end procedures in line with company policies and procedures
• Revenue accruals
Qualifications & Experience:
• Matric with Accounting
• National Diploma in Accounting/Credit Management
• 5 years relevant experience
• Supervisory experience
• SAP R3
• Revenue Management
• Financial accounting
• Relevant Transnet policies and procedures
• Operational procedures
• PFMA principles
• Corporate Governance
• Management skills
• Relation Management
• Analytical Ability
• Decision Making
• Auditing Skills
• Time Management
• Problem Solving
• Computers: SAP and GCOS
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.