DIRECTORATE: INFRASTRUCTURE AND TECHNICAL SERVICES
ARTISAN ASSISTANT: WATER NETWORK X5
Division: Division: Water Network Maintenance Salary scale: R180 039.84 (Post level 11)
• In possession of N 2 in plumbing
• Good human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must be physically able bodied due to the nature of the duties of the post.
• Required to work outside normal
working hours, during emergencies and planned overtime.
• Valid Drivers’ License (EC1)
• 3 years’ experience in water and waste water reticulation system
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
• Review construction drawings and
specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials.
• Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
• Assemble and install valves and fittings.
• Install, repair and maintain water network equipment, piping and controls.
• Install, repair
and maintain underground water piping systems.
• Maintain installation requirements and relevant legislation.
• Perform scheduled
maintenance service on plumbing system and fixtures.
• Ensure that all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and
fixture are met.
• Ensure that all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded.
• Ensure that
all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirement of the appropriate codes.
• Administer and schedule work.
budgets. And orders of supplies.
• Keep daily reports, in order to compile monthly reports.
• Schedule work in cooperation with other
trades and supplies.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive typewritten or legible Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, Identity
Document and a covering letter specifying the vacancy being applied for.
NB:As part of COVID-19 precautions, no hand delivery and posting of applications will be allowed. Applications should strictly be e-mailed to
Kindly direct any enquiries to Mr Daniel Masemola on 012 318 9552 or Ms Lerato Mokgatle on 012 318 9514.
NB: Council reserves the right to withdraw, amend and /or suspend the process at any time when necessary.
Closing Date:14 August 2020 at 16H00
Neo Maape: Municipal Manager (Acting)
CIVIC CENTRE | 53 VAN VELDEN STREET | BRITS
Tel: (012) 318-9200 | Fax: (012) 318-9203 | Email: email@example.com
“Madibeng, the Prosperous Platinum and Green Tourism City”