The following temporary position exists at Western TVET College on the College establishment
Senior Admin Clerk (SAC) – SL 5
Human Resource Management
Salary level R 14 475.35 per month plus 37% in lieu of benefits
Reference number SAC/HRM/01
Site Western TVET College (Westcol)
Minimum requirements: 1. Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years appropriate experience in a Human Resources department.
Additional requirements: • Must have extensive knowledge of the DHET selection and recruitment process.
• Must have knowledge of the vetting process and system.
• Must have knowledge of the process of administering of leave.
• Must have knowledge of employment contracts.
• Must have knowledge of the claim processes (e.g. part time and exam invigilation) and
• General HR administration knowledge
Duties • Open and sort applications
• Preparation of relevant documentation for the sifting, shortlisting, and interview processes.
• Sifting of applications
• Capturing of applications on spreadsheets
• Arrangement of venues
• Assist with the shortlisting and interview processes
• Assist with the completion of security check and vetting documentation, by the candidates
• Opening of files for each candidate
• Making copies of all relevant appointment documentation and to file it
• Checking of leave forms and ensure that all information is correct before submission to the HR Manager.
• Recording of leave in register
• Capturing of leave for College paid staff on the COLTECH system
• Filing of leave forms
• Compile contracts, ensure that it is signed by the employee and submitted to HR Corporate
• Checking of claims and completion of mandate
• Assist Line Managers with induction and exit interviews
• Monitoring of IQMS and PMDS processes
• Capturing of ratings of IQMS and PMDS
• Assist with the preparations of files for the moderation and verification meetings
Please Note • Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any public service department including the college website
• Recommended candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of qualifications (certification must not be o lder than
six (6) months).
• Failure to sign Form Z83, write the correct reference number and attach all the necessary certified documents indicated
below as required will render your application invalid:
➢ Completed and signed Z83
➢ Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
➢ Certified copies of qualification/s
➢ Identity Document
➢ Curriculum Vitae with contact details of three (3) references.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• If you are not contacted by 31 August 2020, please consider your application unsuccessful.
• It is the intention of the college to promote representivity in the college through the filling of the posts.
• The applicants from designated groups especially in respect of female and people living with disabilities will receive
• Appointments will be done according to the Employment Equity targets.
• The College reserve the right not to fill the position. The information of the recommended candidates will be kept in the
college database for future use and when necessary.
• No late applications would be accepted.
Due to the new normal caused by COVID-19 virus, the applicant is requested to indicate the reference number and position applying for on his/her application
and forward it to:
Email To the attention of Human Resources Manager: email@example.com
Closing date: 14 August 2020 at 16:00
Enquiries: HRM Administration
Me Christa Badenhorst
Telephone Number (011) 692 4004 ext. 1009