Dis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Posted 03 July 2020
DivisionCJ – DelmasMinimum experienceNot ApplicableCompany primary industryPharmaceuticalsJob functional areaOther
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in KZN Region has an opportunity available for a Handyman to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to assemble, install or repair pipes, fittings of heating, water or drainage systems, according to specifications or plumbing codes.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Relevant experience in a similar job
- Interpret blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Installation & maintenance of pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids, supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation, heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters, water supply systems.
- Install supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation.
- Follow health and safety standards and complies with plumbing codes.
- Write reports documenting the problem and summary of actions taken and planning for upcoming projects.
- Provide material estimates related to plumbing for small remodel projects.
- Recommend repair needs to potentially eliminate on-going and future repairs.
- Maintain daily logs of maintenance and installation.
- Knowledge of industry standards
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Be self-motivated
- understanding problems and solving
- Be able to coordinate tasks according to urgency
- Have an internal willingness to assist and help others
- English – Read, write and speak well
- 2nd Additional language.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
- May be required to travel
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, kneeling, pushing and pulling objects, repetitive bending.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.