Career Opportunities: Engineering Planner Assistant (80894)
Req Id 80894 – South Africa – Mpumalanga
Reference number: 80894
Closing date: 9 July 2020
Operating entity: Sasol Mining, Sasol Coal Supply
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
PURPOSE OF JOB / ROLE INTENT
The purpose of the role is to provide a continuous input and support into maintenance, shutdown and project planning activities at various business units and to apply the planning processes at an operational level. To follow the Work Management Process (WMP)
CORE ELEMENTS OF JOB
1. Carry out engineering planning activities for specific sections / departments that optimise sweating of assets ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and reduce total cost of ownership
– Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs actual
– WMP schedule adherance.
2. (Finance) – Ensures that engineering planning activities are achieved in the most cost effective manner possible
– Department operating within budget (Budget / Actual)
3. Training and career development
– Trains and coaches fellow employees and learners
– Ensures own career development
4. Report on progress, corrective action, make information available in format as agreed by the planning department to the business units engineering personnel
– Creates monthly maintenance planning deviation reports
– Creates WMP compliance reports
5. Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility
– Rand per ton (R/t), Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift)
– WMP schedule adherance.
6. New methodolgies and technology are utilised, within the planning environment aligned with the Sasol Mining strategy and reports back on effectiveness
– Implementation of new technology and methodolgies as determined by Sasol Mining
– Monitor the performance of new technology and methodologies and reports back.
7. (SHE) – Accountable for striving towards best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metric
– SHE compliance rates vs targets (especially major findings), % outstanding actions on findings
– Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
8. Establish a network of internal and external experts to consult and guide the Maintenance planning strategy
– Participate in industry bodies and standard setting
– Compliance to engineering governance bodies (standardisation committees)
MAJOR CHALLENGES / PROBLEM SOLVING
– Supporting the mine in delivering on safe production within the budgeted allowances for engineering planning , balancing production targets with maintenance practices
– In-depth knowledge of, as well as application of various sets of legal requirements, engineering principles
– Influx of new technology that requires highly skilled workforce to manage the complexity
– Remote locations, Equipment, infrastructure and Personnel are both underground and surface and are located over the business unit.
– Complex interfaces with contractors and suppliers also exits.
– Information from various sources needs to be analyzed, interpreted and integrated to make trade-off decisions in the best interest of the area of responsibility
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Grade 12/N3: Minimum of 2 years as a planner assistant
– 1 to 4 years experience depending on level
– Valid drivers license will be to your benefit
– Computer literacy on office pagkages and SAP
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Self Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Please note that the Sasol Group/ Sasol Mining will never request you to make cash deposits/ payments as part of the recruitment process.