Are you a quality driven individual?
Do you have a passion for perfection?
If you answered Yes to these questions, you could be just the individual we are
INTERNSHIP: FINANCE (12 months)
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6 070.00 – R 8 050.00 per month
Overview of the Organisation
The NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit
and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). The NMISA is mandated by the
Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement
units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine
and ensure the comparability of the NMS. More information can be obtained from
Purpose of Role:
To receive training within the NMISA Finance Division. Ensure compliance to Treasury
Regulations and the PFMA, by fulfilling the below roles according to policies and procedures.
Knowledge of GRAP, PFMA and its related regulations and ACCPAC.
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge and Experience
• Degree in Finance or related qualification.
• Knowledge of all relevant legislation (PFMA, etc.)
• Competent in MS Office Software package
• Analysing, quality and detailed orientation
• Good communication skills and report writing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• Accurately capture invoices in the accounting systems in order to effect payment
timeously and accurately to creditors.
• Accurately prepare monthly and daily reconciliations of creditors’ accounts with the
suppliers’ statements and age analysis.
• Prepare reconciliations and payments for the travel expenses and reimbursement
• Assist with asset management
• Capture payments into ACCPAC daily.
• Ensure that petty cash is reconciled weekly and is replenished and available.
• Record petty cash transactions in the general ledger weekly.
• Assist with invoicing of clients booked on small contracts database, including general
• Liaising with customers for the acceptance, notification, and collection of instruments.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious,
dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks
associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being
pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the
cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. NMISA’s Human Capital Development
programme, which this Internship forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following
candidates in order of preference: Coloured, African & Indians.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation
required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record
and certified ID.) when applying for the position email NMISA Human Resource at
email@example.com Only candidates with all supporting documents will be considered
for the position. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 18 July 2020
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that
NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP
in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or
finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment