Independent Communications Authority of South Africa
350 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Point Office Park
Eco Park, Centurion
Private Bag X10, Highveld Park 0169
Telephone number: (012) 568 3000
The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA)
Graduate Development Programme
REGIONS – NORTHERN CAPE
The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) is a public entity
responsible for the regulation of the electronic communications, broadcasting and
postal industries in South Africa, as mandated by the ICASA Act, No 13 of 2000, and
Electronic Communications Act, No 36 of 2005.
At ICASA, we consider our employees to be our greatest asset and vital to the
organisation’s future. Furthermore, we are serious about developing and investing in
The ICASA Graduate Development Programme is a twenty-four (24) months intensive
development programme commencing in September 2020. This programme provides
an opportunity for newly qualified graduates as well as unemployed graduates to gain
valuable practical working experience and theoretical training while earning a salary,
enabling them to build the foundation for a successful career in the Information and
Communications Technology Industry.
A supporting structure of coaches will guide our Graduates through their training by
providing help for challenges at work. The Graduates’ performance will be reviewed
on an ongoing basis and assistance will be provided throughout the programme as
well as career guidance for future endeavors.
The Graduate intake at ICASA is impacted by a number of variables which include
both the South African skills market and the organisation’s skills needs.
• Must be a South African citizen;
• Must have completed National Diploma or a Degree in either
AdministrationCommunications or Management Sciences qualification from a
recognized South African Institution of Higher Learning;
• Proficient with MS Office and
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Results driven;
• Records management;
• Pay attention to detail;
• Proactive and Creative;
• Inquisitive eager to learn;
• Able to work and make decisions under pressure;
• Interpersonal skills and Emotional Intelligence;
• Team player;
• Honest, Reliable and Accountable;
• Customer Centric;
• Excellent Communicator (written and verbal / presentation skills); and
• To apply for the Graduate Development Programme – Regions – Northern
Cape, please visit https://www.icasa.org.za/pages/Careers and select
Graduate Regions – Northern Cape;
• Required documents: Curriculum Vitae (CV); Motivational Letter; Academic
Records; and Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that
demonstrate drive and interpersonal skills;
• ICASA is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and
equity in employment; and
• Applications close on 16 July 2020.
• Our recruitment team will review all applications;
• Applicants who meet requirements will be invited for an interview;
• Applicants who are successful at interview stage, may be required to complete
psychometric assessments; and
• Successful candidates will be accepted into ICASA’s Graduate Development
Programme and given a twenty-four (24) month contract.
• Please note that the successful candidate will be based in Gauteng for
the first two months of the Graduate Development Programme,
thereafter move to Northern Cape for the remainder of the programme
(i.e. 22 months) – Accommodation cost will not be catered for by
Total Cost to Company Package of R169,842.00 per annum.