The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
Internship: Data Capturer’s
(Five Positions-Six months’ contract)
About the job:
The CSIR has Internship opportunities in the Smart Mobility Cluster within the Natural Resources, Enabling Infrastructure, Public and Professional Services division. The incumbents will be responsible for collecting, storing, processing data and conducting field work. The incumbents will be expected to travel from time to time. These positions are based in Pretoria.
- Conduct data collection, which includes field work;
- Capture collected data, making use of in-house developed technology;
- Conduct basic data validation and data analysis through technology;
- Conduct desktop research and literature search;
- Write reports.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National Diploma in road transport management or urban and regional planning or related fields;
- A driver’s license and ability to drive is essential;
- End-user computing;
- Data capturing skills (Minimum 20 wpm typing speed)
- Data management proficiency;
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team;
- Problem-solving, solution-seeking orientation;
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za Please do-not send your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.