We are currently recruiting for the following position, located at Food Lover’s Market Head Office situated in Brackengate, Cape Town
Position Description: Debtors Clerk
Food Lover’s Market has a vacancy in their Central Finance team for an energetic individual with a passion for the implementation and maintenance of processes.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role of the debtor’s clerk is primarily to ensure that the company recovers from its debtor’s money that is owed to it. Specialising in Rebates for the Group.
The tasks involved will also include sending statements to debtors, resolving queries that the debtor may have with items on his/her statement, liaising with business units that sell to the debtor and communicating directly with the debtor concerned
- Grade 12 (Please supply results)
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and also writing.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Accounting software package experience Accpacc
- Understand general ledger structures
- Resilient and flexible, able to adapt to a changing environment
- Retail experience highly advantageous
- Intermediate Excel skills important
- Previous experience in the full debtor function non-negotiable and more than one debtor book.
- Creation and posting of customer invoices on ERP system within the defined deadlines
- Allocating receipts on cash books to the relevant customer invoices on the ERP system
- Extracting aged analyses weekly and reconciling to the G/L balances
- Attend weekly aged analyses meetings and provide feedback on outstanding balances
- Maintaining and filing of records in accordance with good governance principles and legislative requirements.
- Follow up on outstanding debts and ensure their proper and timely recovery
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time to properly execute the job purpose
- Highly detail orientated
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving. Must be able to handle confrontational situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to communicate in English and in writing
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous and prompt customer service
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
Please email updated CV to: email@example.com