Chief Admin Officer
Title: Student Administration (Salary Level 7)
Basic Salary Scale: R 257 508.00 per annum (excl service benefits)
- N6 Marketing, HR, Management Assistant and Financial Management qualification will be added as an advantage
- 3 years in remediation experience
- A valid driver’s license (valid for 3 years or more)
- Advanced computer skills
Key Performance Areas
- Provides student success services to students and potential students of the College; including, but not limited to career planning, academic advising, assistance with registration, transfer information, placement information, student activities, and recruiting;
- Assists students in planning educational programs compatible with their interests, needs, and abilities;
- Assists instructors with follow-up of students who have been notified through the Early Alert System for excessive absences, unsatisfactory grades, etc.; advise and work with students who have been notified through the Early Alert System;
- Assists disadvantaged, racially and culturally diverse first generation prospective students to adjust to and succeed in college;
- Assists with student recruitment, student activities, and linkages for assistance with support services;
- Assists with orientation programs and/or classes;
- Assists students in applying for financial aid;
- Assists students in transferring to four-year colleges/universities;
- Registers students for classes and maintains degree plans;
- Assists with recruiting, training, matching and monitoring mentors and peer tutors;
- Prepares documents, reports, contracts and routine correspondence; • Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur;
- Requires the kind of teamwork, supervision, and personal interaction, that cannot be had in a home office situation; therefore, regular and predictable on-site attendance is a job requirement;
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Good coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to make decision and escalate issues timeously.
- Be analytic.
- Be able to work under pressure be able to work within a team
FEMALES AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) through the filling of these positions.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON Z83 FORM AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RECENTLY UPDATED COMPREHENSIVE CV (WITH THREE CONTACTABLE REFERENCES) AND CERTIFIED COPIES OF ALL QUALIFICATIONS, ID DOCUMENT (ID) AND DRIVERS LICENCE. ALL COPIES MUST BE ORIGINALLY CERTIFIED AND CERTIFICATION MUST NOT BE OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS
IT IS THE APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS EVALUATED BY THE SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY (SAQA) AND AN EVALUATION CERTIFICATE FROM SAQA ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
FAILURE TO SIGN Z83 AND SUBMIT THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING CONSIDERED. (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Z83 FORM)
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECTED TO PERSONNEL SUITABILITY CHECKS (CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK, QUALIFICATIONS VERIFICATION)
The College reserves the right not to fill the advertised posts.
The closing date for applications is: 19 June 2020.
- Any applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
Applications for the above positions should be hand delivered or posted to the address below: South West Gauteng TVET College Human Resources Unit, 1822a Molele Street, cnr Koma Road, Molapo, Soweto, 1818 Or South West Gauteng TVET College Human Resource Unit, Private Bag X33, Tshiawelo, 1818
Any queries regarding the above positions may be directed to Mr. Tebogo Mophaleng, Ms. Mmatshepo Santho or Ms. Nqobile Zondi on Tel: 010 140 1000, Ext 1035,1036,1067