Title: General Assistant (SL 3) 5 Posts
Basic Salary Scale: R122 595.00 per annum (excl service benefits)
- Grade 10
- Matric certificate will be an advantage.
- 1 years’ experience will be an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a clean working environment for college employees by thoroughly cleaning designated office areas.
- Keeps premises acceptably clean at all times by continually inspecting and tidying up office areas.
- Performs general cleaning in and around the building to ensure upkeep. Reports damages to equipment and building to Human Resource Specialist for purposes of maintenance.
- Undertakes thorough cleaning of the office areas seasonally to maintain hygienic conditions.
- Assists to carry files from the storerooms as and when required.
- Cleans the fridge to maintain proper hygiene.
- Washes dishes and cleans kitchen to maintain hygienic conditions.
- Prepares refreshments for meetings and visitors at stipulated times.
- Reports damages / loss of kitchen equipment, crockery and utensils to Human Resource Specialist.
- Thoroughly cleans toilets and wash basins utilising cleaning material each morning
- Inspects and tidies up restrooms throughout the day to prevent unsanitary conditions.
- Makes available sufficient supplies in the restrooms by constantly checking and refilling dispensers.
- Makes sure that all soap and toilet paper dispensers are in working order
- Makes sure that taps are properly closed to prevent water wastage.
- Reports leaking taps and toilets to Human Resource Specialist to prevent water wastage.
- Reports shortages of cleaning supplies and equipment to Human Resource Specialist in advance to prevent interruption of work duties.
FEMALES AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) through the filling of these positions.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON Z83 FORM AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RECENTLY UPDATED COMPREHENSIVE CV (WITH THREE CONTACTABLE REFERENCES) AND CERTIFIED COPIES OF ALL QUALIFICATIONS, ID DOCUMENT (ID) AND DRIVERS LICENCE. ALL COPIES MUST BE ORIGINALLY CERTIFIED AND CERTIFICATION MUST NOT BE OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS
IT IS THE APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS EVALUATED BY THE SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY (SAQA) AND AN EVALUATION CERTIFICATE FROM SAQA ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
FAILURE TO SIGN Z83 AND SUBMIT THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING CONSIDERED. (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Z83 FORM)
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECTED TO PERSONNEL SUITABILITY CHECKS (CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK, QUALIFICATIONS VERIFICATION)
The College reserves the right not to fill the advertised posts.
The closing date for applications is: 19 June 2020.
- Any applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
Applications for the above positions should be hand delivered or posted to the address below: South West Gauteng TVET College Human Resources Unit, 1822a Molele Street, cnr Koma Road, Molapo, Soweto, 1818 Or South West Gauteng TVET College Human Resource Unit, Private Bag X33, Tshiawelo, 1818
Any queries regarding the above positions may be directed to Mr. Tebogo Mophaleng, Ms. Mmatshepo Santho or Ms. Nqobile Zondi on Tel: 010 140 1000, Ext 1035,1036,1067