|Divisional Head (Maintenance) – RSWD10063 – (2000005B)|
Position: Divisional Head: Maintenance
Workplace: Kempton Park Customer Care Area, Kempton Park
Department: Roads and Stormwater
Salary: R1 198 807 – R1 481 415 per annum (TCTC)
Key performance areas:
- Develop, plan for and ensure integration of the overall roads and stormwater management maintenance strategy
- Strategically manage all Roads and Stormwater Maintenance functions, including the maintenance of roads, stormwater drainage, traffic signage/markings, railway sidings, wayleaves and infrastructure
- Manage the operational dimensions and resources (materials, plant and vehicle, decentralized depot operations) and monitors utilization and cost effectiveness of activities against operational plans
- Monitor the adequacy of procedures and compliance with departmental guidelines with respect to trench re-instatements resulting from excavations by the various utility service organisations, the construction of access hardening and installation of drainage and, recovery of expenditure incurred through repairing damages to road reserves resulting from building operations on adjacent private properties
- Manage the approval of drawings, designs and cost estimates for minor new works and monitor the implementation sequences thereof
- Manage interventions and/or the design and construction of Road, Stormwater Drainage and Traffic Engineering Infrastructure contemplated or affected through external sources and, providing comments on constraints/applicability with regards to ongoing maintenance
- Manage assessment and analysing of material design, introduction of new materials and equipment and its impact on the functioning and level of service delivery
- Manage complex technical issues and disseminate professional advice associated with the objectives and outcomes of the functionality
- Manage roads and stormwater maintenance functions, ensuring effective identification of need, requirements, measurements, reporting and communication
- Facilitate, establish and review roads and stormwater maintenance practices, policies and procedures within are of accountability
- Monitor, oversee and drive the effective management of the roads and stormwater asset management system
- Manage both operations (OPEX) and capital (CAPEX) expenditure budgets for the division to ensure proper control of expenditure budget for the division is compiled, monitored and controlled
- Manage human resources of the division to ensure that the human resources needs are realised by motivation and training of all subordinates within the division
- Execute effective and efficient project management of all Roads & Stormwater maintenance projects to ensure that projects are managed effectively
- Establish and maintain communication and liaison structures and activities related to the planning and operation of the division to ensure that the key performance indicators of the division are interpreted, analysed and published in reports
- B Degree in Civil Engineering (BEng/BTech) or relevant equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- Registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist (Civil Engineering)
- 8 years’ relevant management experience of which at least 4 years’ must have been at senior management level
- Strategic capability and leadership skills
- Operation financial management competency
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills
- Programme and management skills
- Sound understanding of Roads and Storm-water infrastructure planning and management
Enquiries: Tel: Natasja Havenga (011) 999 6356.
Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Appointments will be made on a 5 (five) year fixed term and will be subject to the signing of an employment contract, performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
Candidates will be subjected to relevant competency assessment as well as security clearance / vetting processes.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Maintenance Division Full-time Travel: No
: 26-Apr-2020, 12:00:00 AM