Corporate Risk & Assurance Specialist
|The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.|
|Corporate Risk & Assurance Specialist|
|Enterprise Risk Management||Cape Town||17 May 2020|
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Office has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and experienced Corporate Risk & Assurance Specialist. The incumbent will support the Office in developing, implementing and managing the SAMRC corporate risk, assurance & policy management functions to assist in actively reducing risk exposures & exploit opportunities, and assist with ensuring that the SAMRC complies with legislative requirements.
|Core Requirements:||Desired Skills & Attributes:|
|Graduate degree with majors in risk management, accounting and/or auditing, or equivalent.Member of the Institute of Risk Management, South Africa (IRMSA) or Institute of Internal AuditorsExtensive ERM post qualification implementation experience, with at least 2 years at a management levelExperience in the implementation of ERM activities using a risk management software package, risk/audit assurance and development of broader organisational policies in a similar function||Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills.Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment and leadership skills to command the respect of a cross functional set of professionals at senior levelAbility to influence decisions with internal stakeholdersExcellent communication and interpersonal skills – Effectively interact with senior managementExperience in a similar business environment would be advantageousExperience in the administration of BarnOwl risk management software package would be advantageousCertified Internal Auditor qualification would be advantageous|
Key responsibility Areas Duties:
- Developing risk register across all strategic operational business processes through facilitating and documenting the identification & assessment of risks, including assisting in the development of risk mitigation plans, in line with SAMRC’s Risk Management Framework
- Take responsibility for e ensuring that all risks and mitigation plans, inclusive of emerging risks, are continually identified, controlled and managed
- Document and maintain the risk register on the BarnOwl risk management system
- Provide strategic and operational advice to management to assist in appropriately reducing their risk exposures.
- Drafting of risk reports for quarterly dashboard reporting
- Provide effective risk management administration support, including responsibility for training of business units / departments and maintenance of the BarnOwl risk management system
- Provide internal audit administration support in managing the internal audit function
- Assist with the development, implementation and coordination of combined assurance strategies, interventions and processes
- Enhance organisational legislative compliance with the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations
- Support staff with their annual declaration of interest and provide conflict of interest advice as and when required
- Managing, monitoring and review of the broader organizational policies as a framework to maintain good governance.
A salary in the region of R704 034 per annum, which will be negotiated in accordance with qualifications and experience.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
|PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R280C ) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS|
|Visit the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://forms.gle/ZeykCuZJX2RZ8KSCA|