INVITATION FOR NOMINATIONS TO APPOINT PERSONS ON THE FREE STATE GAMBLING,
LIQUOR AND TOURISM AUTHORITY
- The Free State Gambling, Liquor and Tourism Authority (“FSGLTA”) is an entity of the
Department of Economic and Small Business Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs.
FSGLTA is regulated in terms of the Free State Gambling, Liquor and Tourism Act, 2010 (as
amended) (the “Act”).
- It is necessary to appoint members on the Board of the FSGLTA. Therefore, I, Mr. M. Mohale,
Member of the Executive Council responsible for gambling, liquor and tourism, hereby invite, in
terms of section 8(1) of the Act, all interested persons to nominate candidates for appointment to
the positions set out in par. 3 below. Nominations must be submitted not later than 17 April
- Section 6(1) of the Act determines that the Board of the FSGLTA shall inter alia consist of the
(i) one member who is qualified to be admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in the Republic
and has, for a cumulative period of at least five years after having so qualified, practised as
a legal practitioner or performed service related to the application or administration of the
(ii) one member who has financial, economic and/or related experience of at least five years;
(iii) not more than two members who must have proven business acumen or knowledge of the
gambling or liquor industry, who are suitable for appointment to the board;
(iv) one member who has knowledge of or experience in tourism, promotion and marketing
(v) one member who has knowledge of or experience in welfare, socio-economic development
or social services.
- Any person who wishes to submit a nomination must direct it in writing to Mr. M. Mohale, MEC:
Economic, Small Business Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly take note that the email size limit is 2MB. You are therefore
kindly requested to send documents separately, should they exceed the allowed limit.
- All nominations must –
(i) be in writing and clearly indicate for what category a person is nominated;
(ii) be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae from which it could be determined that the
nominee meets the requirements of the relevant category mentioned in paragraph 3 above,
motivation for appointment, certified copies of identity document and qualifications; and
(iii) be accompanied by a letter of acceptance of the nomination by the nominee.
- Please note, appointment to the Board is subject to security vetting, which includes background
verification, criminal records, etc. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete and sign
consent risk analysis form.
- Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity and who is
ordinarily resident within the Free State Province.
- Further information on the roles and responsibilities, eligibility, etc. of board members may be
obtained from Ms Boitumelo Nkwadipo, Cell 066 105 0018, e-mail:
- Nominations which are late, incomplete or not complying with the requirements will be