The Social Housing Regulatory Authority (the “SHRA”) was established in August 2010 by the
Minister of Human Settlements in terms of the Social Housing Act, No. 16 of 2008. The SHRA is
classified as a public entity in terms of Schedule 3A of the Public Finance Management Act (Act
1 of 1999).
THE FOLLOWING INTERNSHIPS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE WITHIN THE SHRA.
- Accreditation Application Administrator Intern: The intern will assist with unit administration; Registration of
documents received; Assessment of documents according to prepared check list and prepare and send out
• Post matric qualification in administration and or studies in technology
• Proficiency in computers, especially working on Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Quality Assurance Administrator Intern: The intern will be responsible for checking and verifying tenanting lists
and reporting; tracking unit completion on projects and reporting thereof; monitor project reporting; extracting certain
information from monthly project reports to reflect trends, checking and verifying quarterly evidence and scanning
and filling of CP/FC files.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or Project Management qualification
- Financial Management Intern: The intern will be responsible for Financial Analysis on submitted management
accounts by SHI’s (Social Housing Institutions); monthly reconciliations; supplier/creditor reconciliations; general
ledger analysis and expenditure dashboard.
• B Tech Financial Management/Accounting or
• B Com Financial Management/ Accounting
- Legal Intern: The intern will assist with and acquire the following competencies; Litigation Management including
exposure to appear before the Rental Tribunal; Contract negotiation and drafting; Legislative Interpretation & Opinion
Writing and Specialist knowledge on Housing and Social Housing Framework and Legislation.
• Bachelor of Law (LLB)
• Advantageous to have the following; Masters in Law (LLM), Admitted Legal Practitioner/ Attorney and busy
The Internship programme will be for a 1-year period with a stipend of R10 000.00 per month. All these intern
positions will be located in Parktown, Johannesburg
Note: SHRA reserves the right not to make an appointment or to withdraw the advertisement. Applications are
invited from unemployed graduates to apply for the 2020 Internship Programme. Appointments will be made in
line with the Entity’s Employment Equity Plan. Communications will be with short-listed applicants only.
To apply for the Internship position, please email a comprehensive CV and copies of certified qualifications to
firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which Internship you are applying for. The closing date is Sunday 15 March