Housekeeping Attendant x5 – 1 year hourly paid contract – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth – Grade B1
Published Date: 6 Mar 2020
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2020
TASK 17 000: CDC CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TASK D: OPERATIONS: Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth
JOB DESCRIPTION: Housekeeping Room Attendant x5 (1 year hourly paid contract)
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is accountable to the Executive Housekeeper – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel; a division of the Coega Development Corporation (CDC). The Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for the general cleanliness of the 58 bedroom Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is mandated by the Board of Directors of Coega Development Corporation to take responsibility for the general cleanliness under the overall direction of the Executive Housekeeper and ultimately the General Manager – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, this position’s primary responsibility is to clean hotel rooms and public areas without causing disturbance to guests and patrons in the prescribed time.
In pursuance of this primary objective, the Housekeeping Room Attendant is required to:
- Ensures readiness of rooms at prescribed check in time
- Clean public areas
- Do the domestic work required, including changing the bedclothes and cleaning and replenishing the bathroom
- Be responsible for the linen and equipment supplied for his or her use
- Ensure that brand standards and procedures are applied
- Report all faults, missing items and maintenance issues to the Executive Housekeeper
- Declare all items found in the rooms and public areas belonging to guests and follow Lost and Found Procedures
- Assist with guest laundry and ironing where necessary
- Assist with laundering and packing hotel linen and towels
- Assist with stock take when required
- Good knowledge of housekeeping procedures
- Good knowledge of hygiene standards
- Good knowledge of various cleaning products and equipment and be able to use them correctly and safely
- Grade 12 or equivalent is advantageous;
- Previous experience in 4 or 5* Hotel advantageous;
- Be able to work shifts including night work and working on weekends and public holidays.
6 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within one month of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org