Handyman X2 – 3 year contract – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth – Grade B4
Published Date: 6 Mar 2020
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2020
TASK 17 000: CDC CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TASK D: OPERATIONS: Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth
JOB DESCRIPTION: Handyman x2 (3-year contract)
The Handyman is accountable to the Maintenance Supervisor – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel; a division of the Coega Development Corporation (CDC). The Handyman is responsible for the upkeep of Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel
The Handyman is mandated by the Board of Directors of Coega Development Corporation to take responsibility for the upkeep of the Hotel under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and ultimately the General Manager – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position’s primary responsibility is to ensure the building of the Bluewater Water Bay Hotel is always in good condition.
In pursuance of this primary objective, the Handyman is required to:
- Fix all reported faults within his/her level of capability e.g. broken/burst/blocked pipes, locks, small appliances, replace broken tiles, ensure geysers are working
- Tend to the gardens and grounds
- Water and tend to internal pot plants
- Change Hotel bulbs when necessary
- High pressure clean certain areas of the Hotel when necessary
- Clean fat traps, showerheads and drains
- Painting and touch ups where required
- Move heavy items and furniture
- Keep the pool clean
- Ensure refuse area is clean and refuse is ready always ready for collection
- Keep all tools in good conditions
- Keep record of water and electrical meters in the absence of Maintenance Supervisor
- Any other duties as instructed by the General Manager
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Matric certificate or equivalent would be advantageous;
- Valid Artisan Certificates or Minimum of 3 (three years) in similar role;
- Valid Driver’s License advantageous;
- Previous experience in a hotel advantageous;
- Must be able to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
6 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within one month of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to email@example.com