INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT ONLY
Gauteng Enterprise Propeller (GEP) is a Provincial Government agency established under the auspices of the Department of Economic Development, to provide non-financial support; financial support; and co-ordinate stakeholders for the benefit of SMMEs in Gauteng.
THE GEP INVITES INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
Project Coordinator X 5 (EIGHT (8) MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Purpose of position To manage the delivery of the Youth PMO projects and programmes; to manage the day-today activities of the Youth PMO in accordance with timelines, budget and service levels.
• Develop, implement and manage systems and controls within Youth PMO
• Coordination of performance management of placed Youth within the campaign
• Support the GEP Office of the COO with ensuring the success of the Programme
• Day to day management of resources within the programme, i.e. staff, equipment and all other administrative processes
• Respond to queries from external and internal stakeholders on the programme
• Submit reports on youth performance to the office of the Chief Operations Officer, at GEP
• Provide reports within the allocated time frame
• Coordinate submission and submit time sheets and attendance registers of Placed Youth within agreed timelines
• Ensure distribution of payslips to the placed youth
• Convene meetings with host employers to track progress and deliverables
• National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Administration or relevant equivalent qualification
• Project Management qualification will be an added advantage
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in Project management
• A valid Code EB and above driver’s license
• Own Transport
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Knowledge of small entrepreneur development
• Extensive knowledge of youth development
• Extensive knowledge of Gauteng province youth empowerment strategies • Understanding of micro-economics
• Ability to think analytically, creatively and innovatively
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide vision, leadership, innovation and achieve results within a team
• Ability to work within timeframes.
GEP reserves the right to conduct candidate assessments in relation to the above-listed attributes and competencies.
Please forward a detailed, updated CV accompanied by a cover letter relating how your experience matches the position.
GEP advocates for equal opportunities.
Previously disadvantaged individuals and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that full background checks will be done on successful candidates.
Suitable applicants must e-mail detailed, updated CVs to: email@example.com, with subject being the position applied for, by no later than 28 February 2020.
Note that candidates who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date must consider their applications unsuccessful.