SENIOR COMMISSIONERS (PART-TIME)
The CCMA is seeking to appoint Commissioners in terms of section 117 of the Labour Relations Act in the following categories:
Purpose of the Job
The successful candidates will be required to engage in complex dispute resolution processes, which may include, but is not limited to, facilitation of large-scale retrenchment disputes, arbitration, conciliation, con-arb, in limine hearings, and advisory arbitration processes, and to provide statutory services in terms of all legislation in terms of which the CCMA has jurisdiction. Senior Commissioners may also be required to mentor and coach other Commissioners and to provide dispute management and prevention services to the labour market.
Key performance areas:
• Conduct complex dispute resolution processes
• Complete complex case documentation and processes
• Draft complex settlement agreements, arbitration awards and rulings
• Unless a candidate can demonstrate relevant experience of not less than ten (10) years in Industrial Relations, Labour Law or conducting conciliations, arbitration and facilitations; a relevant NQF level 8 tertiary qualification (preferably in Labour Law) is required.
• Excellent knowledge of Labour Law
• Excellent knowledge of dispute resolution processes and principles as set out in the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 (LRA) (or other applicable statutes)
• Excellent Knowledge of the Labour Market
• A valid driver’s license
• Computer literacy
• Excellent legal drafting skills
• The ability to analyse evidence and argument; engage parties in problem-solving and reality testing towards dispute resolution.
• The ability to make decisions that are legally sound and uphold the Constitution and the purpose of the LRA
• The ability to exercise resilience and skills in dealing with conflict resolution
• Excellent listening and communication skills, Understanding and applying facilitation and negotiation skills
• Displaying a high degree of diversity awareness and sensitivity
• The ability to conduct self in a diplomatic and professional manner
• The ability to demonstrate positive interpersonal relations
• The capacity to display a high-level of ethical behaviour
*Note: Vacancies for Part-time Senior Commissioners exist in the following Regions:
Johannesburg (Ref: SC-PT-JHB), Tshwane (Ref. SC-PT-TSH), Ekurhuleni (Ref. SC-PT-EK), Port Elizabeth (Ref. SC-PT-PE), East London (Ref. SC-PT-EL), Cape Town (Ref. SC-PT-CPT), George (Ref. SC-PT-GEO), Mbombela (Ref. SC-PT-MBL), Emalahleni (Ref. SC-PT-EML), Polokwane (Ref. SC-PT-PLK), Tzaneen (Ref. SC-PT-TZN), Klerksdorp (Ref. SC-PT-KD), Rustenburg (Ref. SC-PT-RUS), Vryburg (Ref. SC-PT-VB), Durban (Ref. SC-PT-DBN), Newcastle (Ref. SC-PT-NWC), Port Shepstone (Ref. SC-PT-PST), Richards Bay (Ref. SC-PT-RBM), Pietermaritzburg (Ref. SC-PT-PMB), Bloemfontein (Ref. SC-PT-BLF), Welkom (Ref. SC-PT-WLK), Kimberley (Ref. SC-PT-KIM)
NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
In your application for appointment, kindly ensure that you disclose all relevant material information to assist the panel in considering your application. Please send 1 (one) application form available to download on the career page (top).
Detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license & ID document must be included. Failure to complete the form in full or not provide relevant information will automatically disqualify your application.
Applicants must clearly indicate the position/s being applied for in order of preference.
*NOTE: Applicants must clearly indicate the reference number for the position/s they are applying for in order of preference.
Email: Please use email address applicable to the position as shown below. The subject line must have the correct reference. see below references and email address:
|RecruitmentGP@ccma.org.za||Johannesburg (Ref: SC-PT-JHB)Tshwane (Ref. SC-PT-TSH)Ekurhuleni (Ref. SC-PT-EK)|
|RecruitmentEC@ccma.org.za||Port Elizabeth (Ref. SC-PT-PE)East London (Ref. SC-PT-EL)|
|RecruitmentWC@ccma.org.za||Cape Town (Ref. SC-PT-CPT)George (Ref. SC-PT-GEO)|
|RecruitmentMP@ccma.org.za||Mbombela (Ref. SC-PT-MBL)Emalahleni (Ref. SC-PT-EML)|
|RecruitmentNC@ccma.orga.za||Bloemfontein (Ref. SC-PT-BLF)Welkom (Ref. SC-PT-WLK)Kimberley (Ref. SC-PT-KIM)|
|RecruitmentKZN@ccma.org.za||Durban (Ref. SC-PT-DBN)Newcastle (Ref. SC-PT-NWC)Port Shepstone (Ref. SC-PT-PST)Richards Bay (Ref. SC-PT-RBM)Pietermaritzburg (Ref. SC-PT-PMB)|
|RecruitmentNW@ccma.org.za||Klerksdorp (Ref. SC-PT-KD)Rustenburg (Ref. SC-PT-RUS)Vryburg (Ref. SC-PT-VB),|
|RecruitmentPOL@ccma.org.za||Polokwane (Ref. SC-PT-PLK)Tzaneen (Ref. SC-PT-TZN)|
Strictly apply via email.
Non-adherence to the stated procedures in applying as well as incomplete application will result in the disqualification of the application.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 24 February 2020
N.B Incomplete and late applications will automatically be disqualified.
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY underpins CCMA recruitment processes and all appointments are made at the sole discretion of the CCMA Governing Body. Women are encouraged to apply.
Advanced preparation on the following statutes is essential, as an initial screening assessment will be conducted: LRA, BCEA, and EEA.
Recruitment will be in phased approach. Shortlisted applicants will be expected to write first assessment at the Provinces where they applied. First assessments will be conducted in March/April 2020. Dates will be communicated to the shortlisted applicants.
A completed CCMA endorsed Labour Dispute Resolution Practice (LDRP) qualification from one of the following CCMA partner universities will be an advantage:
|University||Course name / Title of qualification as used by the University concerned|
|Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth (Now known as Nelson Mandela University)||Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law Practice (from 2014)|
|Stellenbosch University: Stellenbosch and Midrand||Certificate Programme in Labour Dispute Resolution Practice (from 2014)|
|University of the Free State, Bloemfontein||Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law (from 2014)|
|University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban||Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations (from 2015)|
|University of the Western Cape, Cape Town||Post Graduate Diploma in Law (Labour Dispute Resolution) (from 2014)|
|University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg||Labour Dispute Resolution Practice Certificate Course (from 2014)|
|University of the North-West||Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law (from 2019)|
The CCMA is committed to providing equal opportunities and practicing affirmative action employment. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability)
Please note that communication will only be limited to the shortlisted candidates and should you not hear from us within 2 months from the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.