Closing date:07 February 2020
KOUGA MUNICIPALITY (EC 108)
NOTICE NO: 7/2020
Kouga Municipality, an equal opportunity employer which subscribes to the principle of affirmative action, awaits applications for the appointment in the following vacancy:
CONTRACTUAL TOURISM OFFICER
(2 YEAR CONTRACT)
- Relevant NQF Level 6 qualification in Tourism;
- At least three (3) years relevant experience;
- Sound knowledge of the Tourism industry;
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications);
- Proficiency in at least 2 of the 3 official languages of Kouga (read, write and speak);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Valid drivers license.
SALARY: R403 248.66 – R504 076.37 (Total Cost to Company Salary Package)
TASK GRADE: 11
- Coordinates the key performance areas and result indicators associated with the Tourism Section;
- Communicating with Tourism organizations;
- Maintaining and updating information on Tourism events;
- Preparing reports and maintaining records of work in progress.
- of electrical in
TOWN PLANNER: LAND USE MANAGEMENT SCHEME
- Relevant NQF Level 7 Qualification in Town & Regional Planning or equivalent as recognised by the SA Council for Planners for registration as a Professional Planner; and Registration with the SA Council for Planners as a Professional Planner, in terms of Section 13 (4) (c) of the Planning Profession Act (No 36 of 2002);
- At least four (4) years relevant experience;
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office applications);
- Sound knowledge of the geographical information systems (GIS);
- Valid drivers License;
- Proficiency in at least 2 of the 3 official languages of Kouga (read, write and speak
SALARY: R393 684.00 – R510 996.00
TASK GRADE: 14
- Management and co-ordinating result indicators associated with the Land Use Management Scheme;
- Management and co-ordinating of all role-players / consultants dealing with town & regional planning, the Land Use Management Scheme within Kouga Municipality;
- Overseeing of the development of terms of reference for the various consultants and contractors;
- Determining and planning the physical locations of maps, plans and drawings (GIS), sourcing information relating to conditions and activities in the property market, and analyzing disposal transactions and trends over given periods;
- Project management, comments and suggestions on Land Usage applications;
- Provide technical, administrative and professional advice and guidance, when necessary to other Directorates, other Municipalities, Consultants and Contractors;
- Compiling of future planning / pre-planning & development documents;
- Verifying that all property transactions undertaken must take account of regulatory frameworks, development intentions and programmes of Council.
BENEFITS:As per standard conditions of service; Vehicle Allowance.
All applicants must submit a formal application form and a comprehensive CV, certified copy of qualifications, identity document and driver’s licence. Applications must be submitted electronically as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms can be obtained from the Municipal website, www.kouga.gov.za and must reach the Human Resource Manager on or before Friday, 7 February 2020 at 12:00. For any enquiries contact Mr. B Faulkner: 042 2002 200.
Please note that the following can lead to disqualification:
- Non-submission of originally certified copies of academic records.
- Canvassing of councillors.
- Submission of fraudulent qualifications and/ or documents
NB: Please note that shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a vetting process. By applying for this position, candidates agree to background checks being performed.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Kouga Municipality is an equal opportunity employer which subscribes to the principle of affirmative action which is non-sexist, non-racist, non-discriminatory and based on merit.
MR. C DU PLESSIS P. O. BOX 21
MUNICIPAL MANAGER JEFFREYS BAY