The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner, and to actively promote safe use of our roads.
The Organisation requires the services of a qualified individual at its Pretoria Regional Office for the positions of:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
JUNIOR OFFICER ILD T.A.S.K GRADE 08
JOILD 17012020 PTA
LOCATION: PretoriaCLOSING DATE & TIME: 1/28/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the job: To identify, on a timely basis, those claims for which there is a litigious dispute to enable settlement offers/tenders promptly and also those that require thorough, early investigation and rigorous development of the legal defence issues to enable a trial strategy which is reflective of the case’s value.
Key Performance Areas
- Conduct preliminary assessment of litigated files.
- Recommend a litigation strategy and actions to bring the matter to finality.
- Monitor litigation plan and strategy.
- Escalate matters with litigious disputes to pleadings processes.
- Ensure panel attorney trial preparation
- Report on trial out comes and out of court settlements.
Qualifications & Experience
- NQF 6 (Diploma/ Advanced Certificate) related qualification to discipline
- Relevant 2 years working experience in a claims/Insurance/MVA environment
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Personal Mastery
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge/ skillful in court and litigation
- A good understanding of the organization’s litigation infrastructure, services provided
- A good understanding of the organization’s business and how panel attorneys effectively contribute to the RAF litigation process
- Patience, tolerance and resilience
- Statistical, numerical and analytical and processes
- Innovative thinking with service quality, and its improvement, within limits of costs and business direction
- Excellent communication skills, orally and writing
- Awareness of RAF vision and strategic/ business objectives
The total cost to company of minimum package applicable to this position is R270 525.00
per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 28 January 2020
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Hand Deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to people from previously disadvantage groups.
Prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
NB:Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB: It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.