INVASIVE PLANT CLEARING PROGRAM IMPLEMENTER X 1 (EVALUATE 8) CONTRACT APPOINTMENT
By CasidraCareer Opportunities
The above vacancies exist for applicants to be appointed in the various District Municipality areas in the Western Cape to assist the existing team to implement the contracted programs for Alien Biomass clearing. Successful candidate will be a pro-active, self-motivated, performance driven, client orientated team player, who will deliver an effective, efficient and value added service to the organization at large.
Reporting to the Chief Officer: Technical, you will be responsible for:
Project implementer responsibilities for the program for clearing of Alien Biomass from riparian zones and water catchment areas as required in the Working for Water program works funded by DEA such as:
- Assisting with project planning and compilation of tender documents
- Liaising with landowners on project feasibility and contractual agreements
- Monitoring of quality and works on site
- Site inspection and issuing payment certificates
- Monitoring health & safety of teams regarding on site claims and compliance
- Ensuring and installing procedures, collecting and verification of compliance documentation
- Compiling reports and mapping documentation as required for the program
- Additional implementer functions for other projects of Casidra in other programs as capacity allows
- Relevant tertiary education in the field of Conservation
- Previous experience in implementing Working for Water programs
- Must have knowledge of CARA & NEMA regulations
- Must have working knowledge OHS Act
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS WORD & EXCELL programs
- A valid B driver’s license; Must be prepared to travel
- Must have own vehicle and office facilities to work from home
- Skills: Problem solving, Good communication, Attention to detail and Effective and quick implementation skills
- Attitude: Honest and trustworthy, discreet, meeting deadlines, good team player, handling pressure. Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Interested applicants must email a 3-page CV including three references with contact details, certified copies of the relevant qualifications as well as a copy of ID to e-mail email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 24 January 2020 at 12:00. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Casidra is a Schedule 3D Public entity and aims to reach Employment Equity and Disability targets. A market related cost to company package will be determined by qualifications and experience of candidates.
This post expires at 12:00pm on Friday January 24th, 2020